Research Fellowships in Africa
Join our teams in the field and undertake your research fellowship on any of the six causes we focus on: Education, Conservation, Gender Empowerment, Eradication of Poverty, Health and Nutrition and Global Citizenship.
You will receive specialized support in the field, including training and opportunities for guided reflection. African Impact ensure you get all the acceding support you need from our academic team as well as local faculty members and connected universities.
Students or graduates seeking to undertake specific research can approach African Impact with a proposal. If the proposal is accepted, after an interview, our teams will provide applicants with letters of endorsement to assist them in their funding applications.
- Locations Available in South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Zanzibar
- Learning Experience Work side-by-side with expert teams in the field
- Learning Takeaways Gain experience in leadership, community engagement and organizing, grant writing, project management and more
- Free Time Use your free time to explore your surroundings and engage with local communities
Our African research fellowships are structured to provide significant work experience and a broad curriculum of skills development, including leadership, community engagement and organizing, grant writing and project management. Fellows are given the opportunity to take on a great deal of responsibility – a vital component in experiential learning, while at the same time being able to work closely with our experts, gaining extensive knowledge and furthering practical skills.
Undertaking a research fellowship gives you the opportunity to make an impact on any of the six causes we focus on: Education, Conservation, Gender Empowerment, Eradication of Poverty, Health and Nutrition and Global Citizenship.
- Itinerary options
Your itinerary will be developed to suit your specific fellowship. Our team of experts will be available to assist you in planning this vital aspect.
Available February through November
Costs of research fellowships are determined on a case-by-case basis. Enquire for more information.
Logistics and accommodation vary slightly from destination to destination. Accommodation will generally be basic but comfortable dorm-style rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities.
The following minimum logistics are guaranteed:
- Participants will be collected from the airport upon arrival and transferred to base
- Accommodation on base will be simple, but comfortable shared rooms with communal ablutions
- All meals for the duration of the project, with the exception of free days will be provided
- Any transport required for program activities will be provided
- Participants will be transferred back to the airport for their departure